SSS established Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Institute in 2011 with a view to creating employment for deprived youths through providing them with appropriate technical skills. TdH-Netherlands has been providing financial support in this institute. It is situated on one acre of land at the village Pachh Bikramhati near Tangail town.
The objectives of the institute include:
- Imparting education to unemployed youths on selected technical trades, vocational training and enhancing their skill;
- Making linkages with the employer organizations;
- Instigating them to be self-employed and skilled;
- Providing them with financial support in order to create self-employment; and
- Providing credit to them who aspire to go abroad for employment.
Children of SSS beneficiaries that read at least up to class ten get priority for training. They are provided with free training, training equipments, textbooks, monthly scholarship and credits for employment abroad.
Till 31 December 2016, sum of 372 students have completed training. Among them, 299 students have been employed in different organizations within the country and 12 abroad.
Presently, 73 students (66 boys and 7 girls) are studying in different trades of the institute. The trades introduced to the institute are: automobile, welding, electronics, air-conditioning and refrigeration covering one year whereas plumbing and pipe fitting trades covering six month.
Besides, monthly scholarship of Tk. 800 is provided to every male student and Tk. 1000 to every female student.